We offer a number of workshops for professionals and volunteers in order to help organisations provide support for clients living with HIV, reduce stigma and raise awareness around sexual health.
Course: HIV: Modern Essentials for Professionals
Location: Wellbeing Centre, 501 St Albans Road, Watford, WD24 7RE
Wednesday April 19th 2017,
Wednesday July 26th 2017,
Wednesday September 20th 2017.
Cost: £30 per person
How to book: Please email Emma.Absolon@HertsAid.co.uk
Our training morning for professionals supporting people living with HIV includes:
- HIV Awareness
- What is HIV/AIDS? Myth busting
- HIV Now: PEP and PrEP
- Relevance in Hertfordshire
- Age and HIV
- HIV treatment and adherence
- Accommodating clients living with HIV
- Health considerations in housing and care
- How do you talk about sex and safeguarding with HIV?
- What about infection control and transmission?
- HIV stigma and discrimination
- HIV and the Law – what are organisations’ legal obligations?
The morning’s registration begins at 9:00, and training will run from 9:30 until 13:00 with two short breaks.
Rather than attend our general training morning, you can hire Herts Aid to provide bespoke training for your organisation, focussed as you wish.
Please contact Emma.Absolon@HertsAid.co.uk for more information.
SCHOOLS AND TEACHERS
We provide a growing number of interactive and involving sessions in small groups, class-sized workshops and larger assemblies.
We pride ourselves in adapting our work to suit the needs of attendees and the ethos of the school. Our basic workshop directory includes options such as:
- Sexual Health
- Internet Safety Training
- Healthy & Unhealthy Relationships
- LGBTQ+ Awareness
- SRE for teachers: How do you deliver Sex Ed?
We deliver from puberty through to sixth form, including Special Educational Needs. Due to changes in our funding we now charge schools £70 per hour plus travel in order to maintain our excellent Herts Aid service.
Please contact Emma.Absolon@HertsAid.co.uk for our full directory.