Launched on World Aids Day 1992, Herts Aid is a registered HIV and sexual health charity providing support, clinical and educational services across Hertfordshire. We have offices based in Ware and Watford and can also arrange to see our Service Users in their home or at a venue of their choice.
Herts Aid works in partnership with statutory and non-statutory providers with the aim of improving the sexual health of the population.
Our services include:
- One to One support at offices, at home or in the community
- Rapid HIV testing – click here if you would to request a test
- Chlamydia screening
- Condom distribution
- Citizens Advice Bureau outreach services
- iText – a confidential text service giving information about sexual health
- Sexual Health education and training for :
- Young people’s organisation
- Higher risk groups
All services are available at both of our offices. HIV testing is by appointment only with the exception of our Wednesday evening drop-in service at Watford.
“I was very lonely, but through attending Herts Aid’s support groups I now find I have many friends ”
“My counselling sessions, accessed through Herts Aid, have enabled me to put things in a better perspective. I feel much better about myself now ”
“I feel in control and my goal for the coming months is to look into getting back into work again ”