Passionate about HIV and Sexual Health?
Keen to make a difference?
Herts Aid is an HIV and Sexual Health charity working across Hertfordshire to improve the sexual health of the local population. Having set our strategy for the next 3 years, we are now seeking to appoint new trustees to three vacancies that will become available in June 2016.
Our Trustees are crucial to our success, steering the organisation at a strategic level and providing effective leadership. Our current board is a vibrant and passionate group of individuals.
If you have some time to give something back to the community and want to join a team of committed people who support a very important cause and area of work we want to hear from you.
You will need to have:
- a commitment to our mission, vision, values and strategic aims
- an understanding & interest in the work of Herts Aid
- knowledge of the responsibilities of trusteeship
- a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
You will be required to:
- attend board meetings (every 6 weeks)
- contribute actively to the governance of the organisation.
It is also expected that Trustees will visit some of our local operations to meet volunteers and staff and build their understanding of what we do and increase their visibility within the organisation.
We are seeking individuals with experience in a range of areas, but in particular we are looking for:
- financial and legal skills
- a track record of leadership
We are especially interested in people who have local knowledge of Hertfordshire and the voluntary sector.
All expenses are refundable. The role is voluntary.
Please contact Suzanne Bannister, Executive Director on 01920 484784 or complete this short form for more information