Could you make a difference to someone’s life? Herts Aid are looking for the people to fill the following positions.
Sessional Health Trainers
Delivery across Hertfordshire
Salary: £15-20 per hour, depending on experience
Contract: Sessional work, 0 hours contract
We seek someone enthusiastic about delivering services and training, to improve sexual health knowledge, in the community.
This includes actively promoting behaviour change, to reduce risky sexual behaviour and late diagnosis of HIV. Read more
If you enjoy talking to people, working as part of a team, organising or working with information we could have a volunteer role that would interest you.
As an HIV and Sexual Health charity our team provide support, clinical and educational services in and around Hertfordshire.
We are now recruiting for the following volunteer roles based either at our offices in Ware or Watford (and events roles are based county-wide).
Public Health Outreach Volunteer
This is a Public Health role, that aims to build awareness of our RHIV testing services.
The role is to promote sexual health education and awareness in the public areas around our Drop In clinic sessions in Hertfordshire.
to support Herts Aid activities by assisting with
- the administration
- organisation of volunteering activities.
General Office Admin
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, mail and ordering supplies
- Creating a monthly calendar of events, data input, collating materials for events
Fundraising Admin Support
- Researching potential sponsors and new opportunities for fundraising
- Sourcing prizes, designing promotional materials
- Promoting, advertising and organising resources for events
LGBT Event Outreach Support
A community liaison role to improve our visibility within this community in Hertfordshire.
You will be:
- building awareness of our support services
- distributing sexual health and LGBTQ related education and awareness materials.
Trainer Support Assistant
- Supporting the set-up, organisation, smooth running and evaluation of health training sessions.
- Create, research and organise training support materials.
- Input information into a database.
Fundraising Events Support (at locations county-wide)
- Help to organise and set-up fundraising events
- Provide support and distribute information at the events.
Public Health Events Support (at locations county-wide)
- Help to organise and set-up education and awareness events
Rapid HIV Test Provider
- Become a voluntary member of our Rapid HIV finger prick testing team.
We provide this service at the office and at events and regular venues around the county.
Full training will be given and travel expenses paid.
FIND OUT MORE
If interested, please send your contact details to Sandra Lindon.
Alternatively, call 01920 484784 (Monday/Friday) or 01923 803440 (Wednesday)